Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco, at Sunrise

Boats at Fishermans Wharf San Francisco-12

Like many of the other San Francisco Photos I have posted in this series, the photographs for today were taken at sunrise.  The light was perfect and therefore the colors were just amazing.  Those of you who have been reading my blog for sometime are well aware of my bias toward black and white.  However the brilliant colors in these shots were too compelling to ignore.

Boats at Fishermans Wharf San Francisco-11

All of the photographs here are three shot HDR images.  In part, this explains the vivid color.  But trust me when I tell you that the native settings in Photomatix Pro (HDR processing software), the colors were so intense they were not only hyper-real, but overwhelming.  When processing these photographs, I backed off the saturation in Photomatix Pro, and then again in Lightroom.

Boats at Fishermans Wharf San Francisco-13

Hopefully, I am convincing you that shooting at dawn (or dusk) is a creative gift.

Have fun and go make some great photography.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment