Tuesday, May 10, 2011

San Francisco Street Car Diptych

San Fancisco Trolley

Every once in a while I am surprised by my photography.  Don’t get excited, these are not the words of an overblown ego.  The real meaning behind these words is that once in a while I am pleasantly surprised by seeing something during post processing that was not my intent when the shot was taken.

While processing some shot from a trip to San Francisco in January, I saw the two photographs (below) and instantly saw they belonged as a diptych.  This was not my intention when I was shooting the street cars parked along Fisherman’s Wharf, and therefore my pleasant surprise.

San Francisco Trolley Diptych Small

My take away from this is to be open to pleasant surprises.  Just because I did not plan a shot, does not mean it is a throw away.

Have fun and go make some great photography.

Craig

1 comment:

  1. Craig,
    This is outstanding! I like the portrait/landscape orientation and the warm color with saturated blues jumps out at you. Really like this.

    Cheers,
    John

    ReplyDelete