Saturday, December 5, 2009

Up in The Air

Barns in the fog-2-Edit
Yesterday I was listening to one of my podcasts; NPR’s Fresh Air.  Terry Gross was interviewing the writer, director and producer of the new George Clooney movie, "Up in The Air."  The story line is that of a management consultant that flies around the country and delivers the bad news of downsizing or layoffs as a proxy for spineless managers who don’t have sufficient fortitude to face the people they are terminating.  As a result, he (the Clooney character) is constantly flying from place to place and spends most of his life in airports and airplanes...where he is most at ease.  At one point in the movie, Clooney describes how being in an airport or a plane is one of the few places left where one can be truly alone.  He has platinum cards for every airline, car rental agency and hotel.  He prefers booze in convenient single serving containers...and it goes on, and on. 
As I send this post from the British Airways lounge at Heathrow, I am beginning to worry I may be becoming the Clooney character.  Please send help.
The photograph featured in this post comes from my Thanksgiving day shoot in the wonderful fog blanketing the Washington DC metro area.  I have several other good landscape photographs of fields and barns from this shoot I will share with you soon. 
Have fun, and go make some great photography.
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment