Thursday, October 20, 2011

Washington DC Waterfront

Washington Monument and DC Waterfront

I am regularly amazed at the number of people, both area residents and visitors that are unaware of the DC waterfront.  In addition to the picturesque vistas such as the photograph above, the DC waterfront has a lot to offer.  Being a retired Coast Guard Officer, I am regularly drawn to the waterfront – maybe just a little bias.

Bias or not, the DC waterfront is a wonderful place.  With several marinas, a thriving live-aboard community, a fantastic seafood market, the Arena Stage theater, a metro station, shopping, walking distance to the National Mall, and easy access to the highway, the DC waterfront is convenient and an under rated area of Washington DC.

In my ideal world, I would (and may) move from my Capitol Hill row house to an condo or live-aboard barge home.  Why?  Well, I listed several of the many attractions of the waterfront.  But most of all it offers an appealing opportunity to simplify my life.  Being an empty-nester, I find that downsizing and simplifying my life a worthy goal.

If you live in the DC area or are visiting.  I highly encourage you to visit this interesting corner of Washington.

Have fun, and go make some great photography.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment