Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Beauty of Minimalism

Circling the Sun-1
Some of the most visited articles I have posted are those featuring descriptions and examples of a minimalist approach to photographic composition.  I won’t list all the articles here, but if you search on minimalism in the handy search bar at the top left corner, you will find them quickly.
Fishing in the Grand River
In addition to responding to your “voting by visits,” I have a second reason for more minimalism posts – I found more photos that fit the genre.  More precisely, I had a milestone event yesterday when I completed the processing of all 2010 photographs.  While this may not seem a big deal, I completed 2009 in July of 2010.  During my processing of the final photographs for 2010, I found a number of minimalist photographs.
Sky Tow
Each of the photos in this series features the common theme of a simple subject and an uncluttered background.  This form of minimalism uses composition to eliminate or minimize distracting elements thereby giving the subject the opportunity to take the spotlight without competition.
Practice Green
Visit again later this week for another visit with some minimalist photography.
Have fun, and go make some great photography.
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment