Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Odd Sleeping Habits in New York

Christopher Street Station Hotel
My last entry (Breaking the (composition) Rules in New York) led off with a photograph of someone just waking from a slumber on the oh so comfortable streets of New York.  The guy in the photo featured in today’s entry has somehow taken this to a completely new level.  While maybe common place for New Yorkers, I found the wholly casual nature of his nap quite unique.  He had this look of, “this is precisely the place and time I wanted to nap and am pleased with my choice.”  Of course most New Yorkers paid no mind to him and likely only took notice when they had to step over or around him to enter or exit the subway station.  I was pleased to have the woman on the left side of the photograph in the frame to represent the wholesale disinterest of New Yorkers passing on the street.
Have fun, and go make some great photography.
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment