Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cover Art for “Feel” by The J.O.B. (Jim O’Ferrell Band)

Feel the Light-5

Over the last couple of months I have been working with The J.O.B. to produce artwork for soon to be released songs “Guardian” and “Feel.”  With a new set of flashes and a model (my son and soon to be USAF Officer), I was presented with some new opportunities for inspiration and creativity.

Feel the Light

The lyrics to Feel talk about light, possibilities, and the feelings and understanding between people.  The ideas of “Feel” and “light” inspired a photo shoot focused on feeling the light.

Feel the Light-4

From a photographic perspective, this was a bare bones shoot.  The shots were made in my garage with a single light.  The garage was completely darkened and I used the base piece of a yard shed as a back drop because it was black and non reflective.

Feel the Light-1

After a few test shots, I found that I had to close the garage doors, turn out the lights and shoot in the dark to get the effect I was looking for.  The main challenge of shooting in the dark was focus.  If you have not noticed, cameras do a really poor job of focusing in complete darkness.

Feel the Light-2

To overcome the focus problem, I turned the lights on, dialed in the focus, and marked a spot on the floor for the camera distance.  I then set the focus to manual (so it would not change), and began to shoot.

Feel the Light-2-2

The shots shown here represent half of the keepers.  Come back soon to see the rest…as well as the J.O.B.’s final selection for “Feel”

Feel the Light-3

Have fun and go make some great photography.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment