Thursday, March 31, 2011

Washington DC Cherry Blossoms and Sunrise at the Jefferson Memorial

Cherry Blossoms with Sunrise through the Jefferson Memorial-1

Each morning I have made a pilgrimage to photograph the cherry blossoms ringing the tidal basin adjacent to the Jefferson Memorial in Washington DC. I never get tired of this.  In order to challenge myself creatively, each day I take a different lens – and only one lens.

Cherry Blossoms with Sunrise through the Jefferson Memorial

By limiting myself to a single lens a couple of things happen.  First, rather than towing along a bunch of gear, I have a free hand to hold my coffee.  In addition to this principal benefit, I am challenged creatively within the constraints of the lens I chose to bring.  This is a very helpful exercise.

Cherry Blossoms with Sunrise through the Jefferson Memorial-3

For this visit to the cherry blossoms, I used the Canon 50mm f/1.8 II.  I love this lens, and in my opinion, it is by far the best value in the canon line up.  If you know of anyone considering moving from a point and shoot to a DSLR, I recommend they buy the camera as a bare body.  Don’t pay the extra cash for the kit lens.  Rather, spend $100 for this great lens.

Cherry Blossoms with Sunrise through the Jefferson Memorial-2

Check back soon as I continue to document my daily trips to the tidal basin.  And just for good measure, here is a photograph that does not include the Jefferson memorial.

Cherry Blossoms on the Tidal Basin

Have fun and go make some great photography.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment