Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Minimalist Photography from Isle of Palms South Carolina

Walking in the Fog

I was fortunate enough to be able to spend a few days last week and weekend in Charleston South Carolina.  Charleston is a beautiful city and I am anxious to return.  I was doubly fortunate to have a beautifully foggy morning on Isle of Palms, just a few minutes from Charleston.

You Go Your Way

As many of you know, I am increasingly fascinated with the minimalist approach to photography…just type “minimalism” into the search bar at the top, and you will see a number of articles I have posted on the subject of minimalism. 

This Way

As is normally the case, the fog was very useful in achieving the minimalist aesthetic I was searching for.  The fog does a wonderful job of masking distracting elements and thereby simplifying the composition.  If you type “fog” into the search bar, you will find a number of examples of how fog adds to a minimalist approach to photographic composition.

I have a few more interesting photos from Charleston I will be sharing shortly, so check back soon.

Have fun, and go make some great photography.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment