Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Cherry Blossoms are Back. Welcome Spring!

Cherry Blossoms on the Tidal Basin

My last couple of posts were a stark meditation on the passing of winter (A Mediation on the Passing of Winter Part I and Part II).  The temperatures of spring we have been waiting for in DC have not yet arrived (43 now and a high of 39 forecast for Sunday), but a sure sign of spring is here – cherry blossoms.  The trees are not yet in full bloom, but yet enough to brighten the spirits.

Cherry Blossoms on the Tidal Basin-2

For those of us who either live or work in Washington DC, the Cherry blossoms are bitter sweet.  They are certainly welcome for their beauty and sign of coming warm weather.  However, along with the blossoms come throngs of tourists.  Honestly, I don’t mind tourists.  I think everyone should take the opportunity to visit DC.  On the other hand, I am not a fan of the traffic that comes with the tourists.  DC traffic is never great, but when tourist season arrives, traffic can be unbearable.

Cherry Blossoms on the Tidal Basin-1

But enough negativity – enjoy the photos of the cherry blossoms.  I am certain to be out shooting more over the next week as the blossoms mature.  Check back soon.

The three shots featured here were all taken with the Canon 50mm f/1.8 II.  I decided to shoot with the 50 today with the intent of reproducing the perspective you would see if you were standing in my shoes.

Have fun and go make some great photography.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment