Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Washington DC Cherry Blossoms 2012



This year was a tough year for the cherry blossoms ringing the tidal basin in Washington DC.  With an extremely mild winter followed by an early arrival of spring, the blossoms were out well before expected. So far, these conditions are not a big deal, but when the arrival of blossoms is accompanied by high winds and rain, the blossoms were not around long.



With just a few short days to get some shots, I made two attempts.  My first attempt, shown here, was a foggy morning that provided a unique view of the tidal basin.  On my second attempt, a clear morning with a wonderful sunrise, there were so many people around the tidal basin, I could not find a parking spot and eventually gave up.



With a large portfolio of photos of the annual arrival of the cherry blossoms, I counted myself lucky to get these shots with a wonderfully foggy back drop.




I will be back soon with more of the blossoms in the fog.

Have fun, and go make some great photography.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment