Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas in Washington DC

This is a short post just to let you know that over the next few days, maybe next two weeks, I will be focusing my photography on Washington DC at Christmas.  As I collect interesting photographs I will be posting them so those of you who don’t have the pleasure of seeing DC at Christmas can enjoy it as I do.  Most people visiting DC do so during the beautiful springtime and balmy summers.  Tourists this time of the year are limited.  For those of us who live here, there are a few benefits of a smaller crowd of visitors – like parking and traffic.

The photo of the Whitehouse was taken a few years ago.  I am not a big fan of the general practice of decolorizing photos while leaving in touches of color, but this one works moderately well.  My real challenge in getting the shots I want to over the next couple of weeks is the fact that it is stinking cold (I woke up to 20 degrees F this morning) in DC and the wind is blowing about 20 knots.  This not only makes it a wee bit uncomfortable, but when trying to get a long exposure night shot of the National Christmas tree, a swaying tree becomes a real challenge.

Standby for more photographs of Washington DC at Christmas and chilling tales of my adventure.

Have fun and go make some great photography.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment