Saturday, October 9, 2010

Playing with a Triptych

Piney Point Dock Triptych Combined copy

On Thursday I posted an entry (Inspiration for Diptychs) about the inspiration provided by Allen Russ (see City of Trees) with respect to diptychs and triptychs.  Not being one to waste time when I get inspired, I ran right out to find a composition I thought would benefit from the approach.

It did not take me long to settle on this dock in Piney Point Maryland as my subject.  As I conceived the shot, I thought the horizontal lines of the beach and the Virginia shoreline on the horizon would offer an interesting contrast to the vertical lines formed by the triptych.  I also made each vertical section a slightly different width.  I think the idea of varying the width was good, but more of a difference would have increased the visual interest.  For now, I’m happy with the result.

When you find some inspiration, don’t waste it.  Thanks Allen.

Have fun and go make some great photography.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment