Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What do Chicago and a Venezuelan Beach have in Common?

 Chicago Street with Corn Cob
What do Chicago and a Venezuelan beach have in common?  They are both hanging on my walls.  This post is a continuing response to requests asking what photos I display in my home.
I printed both of these photographs on 36” x 24” canvas and have them hanging side by side.  I chose the combination because the subjects are completely unrelated, yet when placed side by side you see elements of one reflected in the other.
Sandscape on La Orchilla
We arrived at the beach in this photo, located on La Orchilla, early in the morning.  The beach was flat and smooth.  By the end of the day, the sand was churned up like a well plowed field.  As the sun neared the horizon later in the day, shadows were cast across the crests of the disturbed sand.
When I chose these photos, I saw the shadows in the sand reflecting the windows and shadows in the Chicago photograph and enjoyed the way that two completely dissimilar images complimented each other.
Have fun, and go make some great photography!
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment